Thursday, June 15th, 2017
Start Time: 1:00 p.m. CST
Friday, June 16th, 2017
Start Time: 10:30 a.m. CST
IMPORTANT! You must attend live in order to receive 1-hour of CPE.
- The #1 threat to your organization that I can practically guarantee is one security area that is being neglected in your organization, at some level, right now;
- Why antivirus and firewalls only provide base-level protection, and how cybercriminals easily sneak around the toughest barricades; and
- How to foil hackers from using ransomware to hold your company hostage and extort money at will (Such as the recent WannaCry malware that forced an untold number of businesses to pay several hundreds to several THOUSANDS of dollars to unlock their files, or kiss them goodbye forever?).
Important: We HATE spam as much as or more than you do and will not rent, share or sell your information with anyone ever! We will only use your information to communicate with you directly, and you can remove yourself from our list at any time with one simple click.
Michael is the founder and president of CPA Technology Group, an IT services company dedicated to helping accounting firms stay secure and reach their best potential using technology. With over 13 years of experience implementing IT solutions for accounting firms, Michael understands the challenges firms face and how their practices can be improved with the use of technology.
Michael has previously worked for a small accounting firm as well a Big 4 firm where he performed IT control audits of publicly traded companies. Michael is a graduate of Texas A&M with a BBA in Accounting and an MS in Management Information Systems (MIS). He is a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the Texas Society of CPAs.
Outside of work, he enjoys spending time spending time with his wife and children and helping out with the tech at his church.
“Clients Expect Us To Keep Their Information Secure”
“In today’s cyber world, it is critical that we stay on top of everything that is happening with respect to securing information. Keeping our client’s information secure is of the utmost importance to us, and that requires keeping our staff up to date with the latest training. Without a doubt, the client’s expectation is that their information is secure- it’s up to us to keep it that way.”
– Erin Anker, Managing Partner, Phillips Anker, PC
“My Staff Now Take Security Seriously”
“After going through the training, we were surprised at how much we learned. My staff now realize how important it is for them to take security seriously and to be vigilant on the web and in their inbox. They now report phishing emails promptly using the Outlook button! I highly recommend all CPA firms go through this training!”
– Laura Cannon, Owner, Laura E. Cannon, CPA
“Knew It Was Worth It When Another Firm In Our Complex Got Hit”
“I felt validated taking the training and learning to recognize these attacks when the owner of a CPA firm in our complex came by to warn us their whole office had been hit with ransomware and their computers were locked up.”
– Eric Brink, Padgett Business Services
About the Company
Security for CPA Firms is a division of CPA Technology Group